Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How to upgrade graphics card

First you have to know what expansion slots that is available, how much money you want to spend, the power supply unit and their wattage. I am just goin to do a simple installation to my stock hp pavilion series desktop.









I chose Nvidia GTX 650, for this graphics card, the power supply I have won't work because of the number of plugs available (this graphics card need additional power to work apart from just the connection to the motherboard. Also, the power supply was pushing 300W. But I had a 500W power supply from my past computers, so I replaced the power supply.


After changing the power supply, I install my new GTX 650 in to my PCI slot.






 Then I connected the additional power cable which is needed to power up the card





Connect the power cable to the card






Close up all the slots and the case. 
Connect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, any other devices you are using.
Put on your computer.








Install the driver.






Well. So far I have tested this card  on Fifa 13 Max setting, Sims 3, Borderlands 2. It all plays well. Only complain, the card can get loud and irritate you. Hope you enjoy.
This has been "How To" Segment brought to you by Chun.

No comments:

Post a Comment